This statement also applies to event organisers to whom PleezPay supplies event registration, ticketing and fundraising services (the ‘Merchant’) and to Ticket Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 94 106 907 206 trading as PleezPay (‘PleezPay’) and our related bodies corporate (herein collectively referred to as ‘Our’, ‘Us’, ‘We’) in relation to personal information collected and used by The Merchant and PleezPay.
- We support the importance that the community places on the privacy of an individuals’ personal and sensitive information. This extends to the collection and management of information held in Our records and PleezPay records regarding individuals.
– how and when We collects personal information;
– how We uses and discloses personal information;
– how We keeps personal information secure, accurate and up-to-date;
– how an individual can access and correct their personal information; and
– how We will facilitate or resolve a privacy complaint.
- It is Our usual practice to collect personal information directly from the individual that the personal information concerns. The types of information we collect are your name, your email address, your date of birth, your gender and your purchase and transactional history. Sometimes We may collect personal information from a third party. If we have collected Your personal information from a third party we will, whenever reasonably possible, make you aware that we have done this and why.
Use and Disclosure
- We only use personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, which are directly related to one of our functions or activities. Such functions or activities may include selling tickets, facilitating event registrations, collecting charity donations and communicating to you about your purchase or marketing to you of other events or goods and services of a similar or like nature.
- We only disclose your personal information to those external parties who assist Us in carrying out Our services or who are a related party to Us. Examples of those organisations are our clients such as event organisers or charities, bands or their agents, venues, Our industry partners or service providers.
- You may unsubscribe from receiving any further communication from Us at any time. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from Us or our industry partners, please contact us via the details provided or follow the unsubscribe links in any email communication you may receive from us or our industry partners.
Cross Border Disclosure
- It is possible that some of the information collected by Us may be disclosed to our related bodies corporate, contractors, agents and service providers outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose, including but not limited to New Zealand and you understand and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information.
Security and Access
- We takes steps to protect the personal information we hold against unauthorised access, loss, use, modification or disclosure. We may require you to provide us with further information should the personal information we collect from you need updating to facilitate the resolution of an issue, a technical fault or process a refund or things of that nature.
- We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
How to contact us
- For further information or to make a complaint, please contact Us care of firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us PO Box 6191, Fairfield Gardens QLD 4103 Australia
Collection Notification Statement
Collection Notification Statement under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and their personal information and shall comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Please read this carefully as it will have important consequences for you in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information you provide to Us.
You understand that:
- We are the party who is collecting your personal information and we can be contacted care of email@example.com or write to us PO Box 6191, Fairfield Gardens QLD 4103 Australia.
- We will collect your personal information directly from you. In certain circumstances, We may require to collect personal information from your financial institution in order to process the purchase you are making with us.
- The purpose of collecting your personal information is:
(a) to process your application for a ticket purchase, event registration or donation which will include but will not be limited to i) verifying your identification; and ii) processing payment for the purchase; and
(b) to offer you updates, discounts, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you; and
(c) to provide you with direct marketing communications from us or Our related bodies and industry partners (using direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages) including but not limited to our email subscriptions, and you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being collected and used for, and in connection with, these purposes.
- If we do not collect this personal information in connection with the purposes in clause 3, then:
(a) we will be unable to process your payment for the ticket purchase; and
(b) we will be unable to send you direct marketing communications (unless you have consented to such communications through your other dealings with The Merchant).
- Your personal information being disclosed to the following classes of people and organisations in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3:
(a) The Merchant and its personnel;
(b) your financial institution and in some circumstances, our financial institution;
(c) our related partners for direct marketing purposes;
(d) our third party payment gateway service provider; and
(e) the venue, event promoter or presenter or organiser, or band for which you are purchasing the ticket.
- It is possible that some of the information collected via this application may be disclosed to The Merchant’s related body corporate outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose, including but not limited to New Zealand and you understand and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information.
- If you supply information to Us, or purchase a ticket or service from Us, on behalf of another person or organisation then you warrant to Us that you have their authority to provide their express consent to Us for collecting, using, storing, disclosing and disposing of their personal information. If such authority is avoided or rejected by the other person or organisation then you agree to indemnify the Merchant and PleezPay from any claim or action brought against us for the use or disclosure of the other person or organisations information.