Your privacy is super important to us here at PleezPay Pty. Ltd. ABN 94 141 689 054 (we/us/our). We want you to use www.PleezPay.com (PleezPay) in complete confidence knowing that your information and transactions are secure.
• the information we hold from all users of PleezPay
• our purpose for collecting information
• how we collect personal information, and
• how we hold, use and disclose such personal information.
- We collect general information: We automatically collect general information about all our users by using ‘cookies’ and third parties, such as Google Analytics, to analyse the traffic at PleezPay. Such information gathered may include date and time of visits, the pages viewed and the time spent on PleezPay. This information is unidentifiable and aggregated.
- Our purpose for collecting information from users: We collect the general information specified in paragraph 1, above, to show us how users found and explored PleezPay and how we can improve our services and your experience of PleezPay. We may share this general information publicly to show the general use of PleezPay. None of this information will be associated with you as an individual.
- Emailing payment requests: If you email a payment request, we will ask you for your name, email address and the recipient’s email address. We will automatically email the recipient with details about your payment request and invite them to visit PleezPay. We use this email address for the purpose of sending this email and to track potential spam abuse.
- How we collect personal information: Personal information is information or an opinion (in any form), whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
We collect the IP address of users to verify user activity and to assist with the diagnosis of support issues with PleezPay.
When you register with PleezPay, we collect personal information and you are no longer anonymous to us. The information we collect is as follows:
- Registration: registering with PleezPay provides you with access to a PleezPay account. To register with PleezPay you need to provide your name and email address, or use the Facebook Connect service. To register an organisation with PleezPay you need to provide your name, phone number, email address, and your organisation, company/firm details. You can access this information in your account at anytime.
If you are registered with PleezPay you are able to update or cancel your registered profile at any time by logging into your account or contacting us at support@PleezPay.com.
- How we hold your personal information: We are committed to protecting your personal information, and while no data transmission over the internet is completely secure, we take reasonable steps to keep your personal information as secure as possible. This includes taking reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, as you are aware, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions on PleezPay or may abuse or misuse your personal information that they lawfully collect from PleezPay. While we work very hard at protecting your personal information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain private. You can assist in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your password for accessing your account with PleezPay.
If your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, used or disclosed, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to companies and individuals engaged by us to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. mailing houses and credit card processing companies). We will only share your personal information as is necessary for these companies and individuals to perform their functions.
We may also disclose your personal information when legally required to do so or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us or to protect PleezPay or our customers.
- Updating or correcting your personal information: It is important that the personal information we collect, use, hold or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe the personal information we hold about you needs to be updated or corrected please contact us at support@PleezPay.com.
- Accessing your personal information: You may access your personal information on request. There may be a charge for sending you your personal information and we will advise you of the cost at the time of the request. In some situations, we may deny your request to access or correct your personal information. If we do so, we will provide you with a reason.
- Security: We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use a number of industry standard tools (e.g. firewalls, encryption, passwords and Secure Socket Layers) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they lawfully collect from PleezPay. Therefore, although we work very hard at protecting your personal information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
- Enquiries: If you have any enquiries about the privacy of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at privacy@PleezPay.com.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your personal information, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au and www.privacy.gov.au.